Google Lens can automatically recognize and search within the content which appears in the lens. There’re several ways to use the Google Lens function.
Note that Google Lens works only when you login with Google account and your device must be connected to a network.
Method 1: touch the “Camera” app -> touch the Google Lens icon.
Method 2: press and hold the home button or press Google Assistant Button to enter Google assistant -> touch the Google Lens icon at the bottom of the screen.
Method 3: touch the “Photos” app -> select a photo -> touch the Google Lens icon at the bottom of the screen.
On Android 11, Google Lens has seven features:
1) Translate: Point at text, then tap capture to translate.
2) Text: Take a photo of words to copy.
3) Search: Tap shutter button to search.
4) Homework: Point at homework, then tap capture for help.
5) Shopping: Take a photo of products or barcodes.
6) Places: Point at buildings for details.
7) Dining: Take a photo of food or a menu.