Google Lens can automatically recognize and search within the content which appears in the lens. There’re several ways to use the Google Lens function.
Note that Google Lens works only when you login with Google account and your device must be connected to a network.
Method 1: touch the “Camera” app -> touch the Google Lens icon.
Method 2: press and hold the home button or press Google Assistant Button to enter Google assistant -> touch the Google Lens icon at the bottom of the screen.
Method 3: touch the “Photos” app -> select a photo -> touch the Google Lens icon at the bottom of the screen.
When you open the Google lens viewfinder, the lens will continually analyze what you see to show you results in real time. Options include:
1) Translate: Point at text, then tap capture to translate.
2) Text: Point at text, then tap capture to copy or scan.
3) Auto/Search: Point at objects, then tap capture to learn more.
4) Shopping: Point at items, then tap capture for product details.
5) Dining: Point at a dish on a menu, then tap capture for details.
6) Places: Point at building for details.
7) Homework: Point at homework, then tap capture for help. (The seventh point only applies to Android 11)