How can I set up my device when I turn it on for the first time?
The first time you turn on the device, you will see a welcome screen. You can start to set up your device by following the instructions.
A series of screens will lead you through the set-up process. You also have the option to skip some steps during the process.
How can I change the language of the device?
The first time in setup wizard interface to scroll the pop-up menu to choose a language as your device language.
Or you can change the language by accessing the main menu -> “Settings” -> “System”-> “Languages & input” -> “Languages” -> “Add a language” -> Choose the language that you want to add -> Press and drag the language to the top to select it.
How can I check the IMEI number (9080G_X1)/ Serial number (9081X_X1) of my device?
You have 3 ways to check the information:
Method 1: Check the IMEI/Serial information from the IMEI/Serial label which is stuck to the battery cover.
Method 2: Enter *#06# in the dialing keypad (only for 9080G_X1).
Note: If a SIM card is not inserted in your tablet, the IMEI information may not appear on the screen. Please insert a SIM card and then check the IMEI information again by typing *#06#.
Method 3: Go to the main menu -> “Settings” -> “System” -> “About tablet” -> “Status” -> “Device IMEI/Serial number”.
How can I check the device’s model number, Android version, CPU information, RAM & Storage information, battery capacity?
You can check this information by accessing it from the main menu -> “Settings” -> “System”-> “About tablet”.
How can I take a screenshot?
You can easily share what's on your screens by taking screenshots. Hardware buttons let you snap a screenshot and store it locally. Afterwards, you can view, edit, and share the screen shot in Gallery or a similar app.
Method 1: Push the power button and Volume down button at the same time for a couple of seconds.
Method 2: Go to “Settings” -> “Advanced features” -> “Gestures” -> Enable 3 fingers screenshot, then swipe down with 3 fingers.
Method 3: Swipe down to access the quick settings from any screen, and then click the screenshot icon to take a screenshot.
You should then see an animation showing you the screenshot, and view the screenshot by tapping on the thumbnail in the notification tray or by visiting your Gallery application.
How can I change the permissions for my apps?
You can change the “app permission” in “Settings” -> “Apps” -> “Permission manager” -> selecting a topic. Check the choice-box to allow or deny individual permissions.
What is the Autofill function?
Go to “Settings” -> “System” -> “Languages & input” -> “Autofill service”.
Having your tablet automatically type out your information is pretty useful, and Google’s giving Android 10 the ability to make it work with a wider variety of methods that apps and sites could use to prompt you for your password, and will recognize when you enter the last digits of your credit card number and save them too. Also, when you update a password, Android 10 will be smart enough to update the relevant entry, rather than saving a fresh one and leaving you confused as to which one’s the correct one.
What is Google Lens?
Google Lens can automatically recognize and search within the content which appears in the lens. There’re 3 ways to use the Google Lens function.
Note that Google Lens works only when you login with Google account and your device must be connected to a network.
Method 1: touch the “Camera” app -> touch the Google Lens icon
Method 2: press and hold the home button
or press Google Assistant Button to enter Google assistant -> touch the Google Lens icon
at the bottom of the screen.
Method 3: touch the “Photos” app -> select a photo -> touch the Google Lens icon
at the bottom of the screen.
When you open the Google lens viewfinder, the lens will continually analyze what you see to show you results in real time. Options include:
1) Scan text: Look up a word, save contact info, copy text: dates, and address.
2) Shop Smarter: Find products & compare prices, search similar products: try clothing and furniture.
3) Discover new places: Get info on points of interest.
4) Identify Plants and Animals: Try flowers and dog breeds.
5) Discover Books & Media: Try books, movies, music albums, and video games.
6) Scan Codes: Try barcodes and QR codes
How can I use App Actions & Slices?
App Actions is a simple and effective way to help users quickly get what they need using artificial intelligence and machine learning. This is a prediction entirely based on the user's own usage habits.
1) Actions in all APPs
Long press an app icon -> touch the widget icon
at the top right corner in the pop-up window, then all the widgets of this app will be displayed -> long press any of the widgets to create a shortcut.
2) Actions in Selection
Actions for selected text:
Date / Time, Movie / TV shows, Restaurant, Sports Team / Athlete, Musician
Overview Available in overview even when text selection is taken over by app
3) Android Actions in Assistant
Automatically get Assistant-enabled:
Compatible Actions on Google
How can I activate the accessibility menu?
Go to “Settings” -> “Accessibility” -> “Accessibility Menu” ->touch the toggle to “On” position->touch “OK” -> the accessibility menu icon
will appear on the navigation bar. The Accessibility Menu provides a large on-screen menu to control your tablet. You can control gestures, hardware buttons, navigation, and so on.
How can I manage app notification quick and easy?
When you touch and hold a notification on status bar, there will be two options appear “Alerting” and “Silent”.
1) Select “Alerting” to allow sound alert for this app at subsequent new notifications.
2) Select “Silent” to mute all notifications from this app
You can go to “Settings”->”Apps”->select the app you want to set->”App notifications” to further setup.
What can I do if my app show “App paused” when I touch it?
In Android 10, there is a new menu “Digital Wellbeing & parental controls”, you can customize the time limit for using the tablet so that have a healthy and balanced life. Set daily timers for most apps, when the app timer ends, the app is paused for the rest of the day.
Touch “Settings” from main menu->touch “Digital Wellbeing & parental controls”->touch “Dashboard” (touch “show your data” first if it is the first time to access this setting) ->touch the app which you want to cancel app timer-> touch trash can icon to delete timer.
What can I do if my tablet screen become black item?
Your screen will become black in dark mode, which makes it easier to look at your screen or read in dim light.
1) Go to “Settings”->”Display”->touch “Dark mode”->touch the trigger to activate /deactivate it.
2) Drag down quick settings bar in any interface ->touch "Dark mode icon" to activate/deactivate it.
What can I do if my tablet screen is yellowing?
Check whether “Eye comfort mode” is active. Eye comfort mode will filter out blue light and adjust the color temperature of your display to reduce eye strain.
1) Go to “Settings”->”Display”-> “Eye comfort mode”->touch the trigger to activate /deactivate it.
2) Drag down quick settings bar in any interface ->touch "Eye comfort mode” icon to activate/deactivate it.
How can I active gesture navigation (hide the navigation bar)?
Android has always featured navigation buttons, including a back button — but they’re now going away with Android 10 in favor of a new gesture-based navigation system.
There’s no gesture indicator on the screen under new gesture navigation mode, but you can switch back to the three-button navigation system of old if you want to.
Just go to “Settings” -> “Advanced features”-> “System navigation” to choose the right option for you
How can I silence the ringtone of an incoming call? (Only for 9080G_X1)
There’re 4 ways to silence the ringer before answering a call.
Method 1: Press the Volume Down/Up or Power button on the side of your device.
Method 2：Enable the Gesture function by going to the “Tablet” app and pressing the menu key in the top right corner of the screen. Then go to “Settings” -> “Accessibility” and activate “Turn over to mute”. You can then mute incoming calls by turning the tablet over when a call is being received.
Method 3: Go to menu -> “Settings” -> “Sound”-> activate “Silent mode”.
Method 4: Drag the Status Bar down with your finger and then touch the “Notification” icon to change to “Vibrate”.
Note: Press the “power” key and “volume up” key at the same time to switch to vibration mode quickly.
How can I activate three way calling? (Only for 9080G_X1)
You can activate three way calling as follows:
1) Call the first person.
2) Touch “Add call”
(this function may under menu according to the different tablets), then you can choose the third person you want to call.
3) When you get through to the second or the third person (depending on how many calls you want to merge), you can touch “Merge calls”
to make a conference call.
* Three way calling requires network/SIM card support, please contact your SIM operator to make sure you have the three way calling service.
What should I do if I cannot receive calls or miss calls constantly? (Only for 9080G_X1)
1) If this issue only occurs in certain places, move to a location with a strong signal and try again.
2) Check whether there are smudges or scratches on your SIM card's metal surface as a defective SIM card may affect signal stability. If necessary, contact your operator to obtain a replacement SIM.
3) Check whether “Blocked numbers” or “Filter spam calls” is active on your tablet: touch “Tablet” app-> touch settings icon
at the top right corner->”Settings”->check “Blocked numbers” & “Caller ID & spam”
How to import your contacts directly into your Google Account? (Only for 9080G_X1)
1) Install the SIM card with your contacts on it in your new tablet.
2) Touch “Contacts” app.
3) Touch the settings icon
at the top left corner of the screen.
4) Touch “Settings”.
5) Touch “Import”.
6) Choose a place where you want to copy your contacts from, take tablet for example and touch “OK”.
7) Choose the contacts you want to copy and touch the
icon in the top right corner of the screen.
How can I change the default ringtone and adjust the volume for incoming calls? (Only for 9080G_X1)
Your tablet uses sounds and vibrations to notify you of some events, using ringtones, notifications, alarms and navigation feedback. You can customize any of these sounds, as well as control their volumes.
a. Change default ringtone for incoming calls.
1) Touch the “Settings” icon from the Home screen or under the main menu.
2) Touch “Sound”.
3) Touch “Ringtone & vibrate”.
4) Touch “SIM1/SIM2” ringtone (only for Dual SIM version).
5) You will see a list of ringtones.
6) Touch a ringtone to select and hear it. Or you can touch “Add ringtone”, choose an MP3 you like from music app and touch “OK”.
7) Touch “OK” to confirm your final selection.
b. Adjust volume for incoming calls.
1) Touch the “Settings” icon from the Home screen or under the main menu.
2) Touch “Sound”.
3) You will see a Volume Bar. Drag to adjust the volume.
How can I use split screen?
You can swipe up with 3 fingers on the screen to active split mode.
Go the “Settings”->”Advanced features”->”Gestures” to active/inactive split-screen gesture.
How does my tablet connect to a Wi-Fi network?
1) Touch the “Settings” icon from the Home screen or under the main menu.
2) Touch “Network & internet”.
3) Touch Wi-Fi.
4) Turn the switch to “On” position, the device will scan for available networks and display their names.
*Secured networks are indicated with a lock icon.
*If the device finds a network that you connected to previously, it connects to it.
5) Touch a network name to see more details or connect to it.
6) Enter a password or other credentials to connect to the network.
It’s now also easier to give your Wi-Fi password to someone else via the Settings menu. Under the Wi-Fi section, you can share the password in the form of a QR code, or read one such QR code to connect to Wi-Fi. No more turning your router this way and that to find the sticker with the password on it.
1) Please refer to Method 1 step1 to step 4
2) Touch a network name
icon beside password input line.
4) Scan the QR code to connect the Wi-Fi network.
Why can’t I connect to a specific Wi-Fi router?
The Android 10 includes security tools that limit apps’ access to device IMEI, serial number, and other identifying information. It will also give you a little more protection when using Wi-Fi networks by randomizing your device’s MAC (media access control) address.
If you use your device for business, your organization might require Wi-Fi mac address of your device for wireless connection. In Android 10, privacy setting of Wi-Fi use randomized MAC by default, you need to change it to “Use device MAC” manually, follow steps below to change:
1) Touch “Settings”
2) Touch “Network & internet”
3) Touch “Wi-Fi”
4) Touch and hold the Wi-Fi name with connected status in the list
5) Touch “Modify network” in the dialog that opens
6) Touch “Advanced options”
7) Touch “Use randomized MAC” under privacy, then touch “Use device MAC” in the pop-up menu.
What can I do if there is “Family Link” prompt in notification bar?
If you’re a parent, this new Android 10 feature is exactly for you. Family Link is a set of tools that parents can use to set daily screen time limits, device bedtime, time limits on specific apps, and more for their kids. They can also review the apps children install on their devices and see their usage.
You can exit parental management mode by touching “Settings”->”Digital Wellbeing & parental controls”-> touch menu icon
at the top left corner->touch “Remove account”, a series of screens will lead you exit the parental management settings process.
How many Bluetooth devices are supported at the same time?
In Android 10.0, you can pair with five Bluetooth devices at the same time and seamlessly switch between them. If there is an incoming call, it will automatically switch to any Bluetooth speaker or other audio accessory that can handle the call.
The system will remember the volume of each Bluetooth device automatically.
How can I active Live Caption on my device?
Android 10 will bring native support for captions, which can show up in real-time over videos that might not have support for captions. For example, if you are scrolling through Instagram and suddenly a video starts auto-playing, Android will show you captions on the screen.
What’s more, Live Caption will work even if you’ve put your device in Airplane Mode, or if you don’t have internet access.
Go to “Settings”->”Accessibility”->”Captions”, touch toggle to active captions function
How can I back up my data on the device?
1) Go “Settings”.
2) Touch “System”
3) Touch “Backup”.
4) Activate “Back up to Google Drive” in the open window.
5) Touch “Back up Now”
* App data, SMS text messages, Device settings, Call history, Contacts will be backed up.
For more back up & sync help, please continue touch “Google Photos”->”Back up & sync help”.
How can I perform a factory reset on my tablet?
You can use the following steps to reset your tablet in the boot status.
1) Go to “Settings”.
2) Touch “System”
3) Touch “Reset”.
4) Touch “Factory data reset” to start.
5) Touch “RESET DEVICE” in the open window.
6) Touch “ERASE EVERTHING”.
Warning: this action will erase all your personal information and downloaded apps.
Factory reset while your tablet is in in Shutdown state.
1) Power off the tablet. Long press the “power” key and “volume up” key until enter the Android system recovery mode.
2) Press the “volume” key to select “wipe data / factory reset”, then press the “power” key to confirm factory reset;
3) Press the “volume” key to select “Factory data reset”, then press the “power” key to confirm the deletion of all user data;
4) When the factory reset is complete, press the “volume” key to select “reboot system now” then press the “power” key to confirm.
How can I set up my SD card?
Go to “Settings” -> “Storage” -> touch Portable storage “xxx SD card”, then you can browse the contents of SD card, such as downloads, music, pictures, etc.
How can I transfer data from the internal storage to the SD card?
Touch “File Manager” -> touch “Internal storage” -> select which data such as downloads, files, pictures, etc. you want to move -> touch the
icon at the right side of the data -> touch “Move” -> touch the
icon (SD card) -> touch the
icon at the bottom right corner.
What can I do if my tablet asks me to enter Google account data after a factory reset has been made?
You may need to enter the original Google account that was used on this tablet after you execute a factory data reset, otherwise you will not be able to use the tablet. This is the FRP (Factory Reset Protection) function.
If you don’t remember your Google account data, please complete the Google account recovery procedure. In case you can’t recover it, please apply to a repair center.
Why does my face unlock function work slowly or fail?
Not support face unlock function.
How can I turn on USB debugging?
To turn on the USB debugging, you can use the following steps.
1) Go to “Settings” -> “System”-> “About tablet” -> “Build number”.
2) Touch the Build number no less than 7 times.
3) You will see a warning that mentions that developer mode is already turned on.
4) Go back to “System” again, you will now find the “Developer options”.
5) Activate “Developer options”.
6) Activate “USB debugging”.
What should I do when I insert or remove a SIM card?
Odin 10.1 4G (9080G_X1) support SIM card hot plug, you can insert or remove your SIM card while your device is power on.
What should I do if my device cannot charge or charges slowly?
1) Check if the device has any battery drain issues. When the device consumes battery too fast, it results in slow charging.
2) Verify whether there are any third-party power management software apps downloaded. If so, please uninstall these.
3) Only use the official charger to charge your device.
4) Please don't use the device for a long time while it is charging.
5) Please back up your personal data, then reset or update your device to the latest system version and try again.
If the problem persists, back up your data and take your device and proof of purchase to one of our repair centers to get more professional technical assistance.
Why couldn’t I use three ways calling / multi-conference call function? Why does it say “Can’t conference calls” when I use the conference call function?(Only for 9080G_X1)
The Three way calling / multi-conference call function requires network/SIM card support. If your SIM card isn’t activated to provide these functions by your service provider, the device will show an “Unable to make conference calls” message if you try to use them. Please contact your service provider to enable multi-conference call service for your SIM card.
How can I connect my tablet to a PC via a USB cable?
When your device connects to a PC, the device will ask you which mode you want to use.
To transfer data between the device and computer, select “Transfer files” mode.
To transfer photos or files if MTP is not supported (PTP), select “Transfer photos (PTP)”.
To disable all data and file transfer connections with the computer and put device in charging only mode, select “Charge this device”.
Computers that use Windows XP might not connect properly, because they don’t have the proper drivers installed by default. To fix this, download and install Windows Media Player 11 or higher which contains the proper drivers.
Computers that use Mac OS X 10.5 or later might not connect properly, because they don’t have the proper drivers installed by default. To fix this, download and install Android File Transfer which contains the proper drivers.
What kinds of inappropriate tablet use may potentially damage the battery?
1) Using a non-standard charger instead of the official charger.
2) Using damaged cables or chargers, or charging when moisture is present, which can cause fire, electric shock, injury, or damage your tablet or other property.
3) Exposing your tablet or battery to heat sources.
4) We recommend that you do not use the tablet for long periods of time while it is charging, as it will harm your battery.
**When you use the official charger to charge your tablet, make sure the USB cable is inserted into the power adapter fully before you plug the adapter into a power outlet.
What is location API?
Location API is a fused location provider. The fused location provider is a location API in Google play services that intelligently combines different signals to provide the location information that your app needs. It manages the underlying location technologies, such as GPS and Wi-Fi, and provides a simple API that you can use to specify the required qualify of service.
You can use this feature to enhance the device’s location awareness when you turn on location and Wi-Fi scanning. It measures the distance between the tablet and the Wi-Fi access point (AP) that supports RTT.
You can turn on the Wi-Fi scanning by accessing the menu -> “Settings” ->“Location” -> “Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning” -> “Wi-Fi scanning”.
Note: In order to protect privacy, this feature will not connect to Wi-Fi. It can only determine the distance from the AP to the device, and it can be accurate to the range of 1 to 2 meters.
What to do with my used terminals?
Your device should not be disposed of in a municipal waste. Please check local environmental regulations for disposal of electronic products
This symbol on your device, the battery, and the accessories means that these products must be taken to collection points at the end of their life:
- Municipal waste disposal centers with specific bins for these types of equipment;
- Collection bins at points of sale.
They will then be recycled, preventing substances being disposed of in the environment, so that their components can be reused.
In European Union countries:
These collection points are accessible free of charge.
All products with this sign must be brought to these collection points.
In non-European Union jurisdictions:
Items of equipment with this symbol are not to be thrown into ordinary bins if your jurisdiction or your region has suitable recycling and collection facilities; instead they are to be taken to collection points for them to be recycled.
In the United States you may learn more about CTIA’s Recycling Program at http://www.gowirelessgogreen.org/
CAUTION: RISK OF EXPLOSION IF BATTERY IS REPLACED BY AN INCORRECT TYPE. DISPOSE OF USED BATTERIES ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS.